We are currently experiencing yet another heatwave and when temperatures are this hot, the last thing I want to do is be stuck in my kitchen with the oven on full blast.
This weather definitely calls for my Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake. There is absolutely no baking involved, simply leave to set in the fridge then head out to enjoy the sunshine!
Gluten Free Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
For the biscuit base:
200g gluten free shortbread or digestive biscuits
75g butter, melted
20g cocoa powder
For the filling:
400g Philadelphia cream cheese or mascarpone
100g icing sugar
300ml double cream
Dark chocolate, grated
1) Grease a springform cake tin with melted butter and line the bottom of the tin with a circle of baking parchment.
2) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor. Transfer the biscuit crumbs into a small bowl, then add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Stir until combined.
3) Press the biscuits into the base of the cake tin using the back of a spoon. Once the base is covered, pop it into the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
4) In a large bowl, whisk the double cream, cream cheese, and sugar until they start to form soft peaks. Gently stir through the raspberries until combined.
5) Spread the cream cheese filling across the biscuit base using a palette knife to help you achieve a level finish.
6) Leave the cheesecake to set in a fridge overnight or for at least 4 – 6 hours.
7) Once set, run a palette knife around the edge of the cheesecake to help loosen it from the sides of the tin. Carefully remove the tin and place the cheesecake on a serving plate.
8) To decorate, place fresh raspberries into the centre of the cheesecake. Sprinkle over grated chocolate to finish.
I love seeing your take on my recipes, so remember to share a snap of your cheesecakes over on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #titchytonbakes.