If you’re in need of idea for gluten free party food, then look no further than these incredibly simple homemade Canapés – Mini Baked Potatoes and Enchilada Bites.
When it comes party food, I think the prep needs to be as simple as possible – both of these recipes can be prepared in advance and finished off just before serving, giving you plenty of opportunity to mingle amongst your guests.
Both recipes can also be made suitable for vegetarians; simply replace the chicken in the enchilada cups with sweetcorn and swap the Chorizo topping on the baked potatoes for some chopped chives.
These Canapés would make a lovely addition to any New Years Eve party, or a buffet style celebration on New Years Day – I also think they would appeal to both gluten eaters and gluten free guests equally… in fact, I will be surprised if anyone cottons onto the fact that they are gluten free!
Enchilada Bites – Recipe Makes 20
10 Old El Paso Mexicana Street Market White Corn Tortillas or similar gluten free wraps
200g cooked chicken breast (Vegetarian option: substitute chicken for sweetcorn)
150g mild salsa
100g black beans
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
100g Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C or gas mark, then lightly grease two muffin tins with sunflower oil.
- Slice each tortilla into quarters, then press two pieces of tortilla into each hole of the muffin tin so that they cross over.
- Place the tortilla cases into the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Mix together the chicken, beans, paprika, cayenne pepper and salsa, then place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into each case.
- Top each tortilla cup with cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese turns golden – you can do this just before serving.
Mini Baked Potatoes
20 mini Potatoes
20 slices of Chorizo (Vegetarian option: substitute Chorizo for chopped chives)
150g Mature cheddar cheese, grated
Oil, Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/gas mark 6
- Cut a cross in the centre of each potato, then place them on a baking tray.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Leave the potatoes to cool slightly, then use a knife to open up each one.
- Place grated cheese into the centre of each potato and top each one with a slice of Chorizo.
- Place the potatoes into the oven until the cheese melts and turns golden – you can do this just before serving.
I love seeing your take on my recipes, so remember to share a snap of your Canapés over on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #titchytonbakes.
I hope all my lovely readers have a fantastic New Years Eve and a very Happy New Year – Here’s to 2018!