Today I am going to share with you my recipe for my favourite weekend breakfast treat – Gluten Free Almond and Blueberry Muffins.
When it comes to breakfast muffins, I think Blueberry muffins are right at the top of my list, but the flavour combination of almond and blueberry muffins is sheer heaven and are perfect with a frothy cappuccino.
These muffins are an ideal weekend bake – good for mornings where you typically have a bit more time to spare, but want a treat which can whipped up quickly enough, leaving plenty of time to do that crossword in the morning paper.
Gluten Free Blueberry and Almond Muffins
300g gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g caster sugar
2 large eggs
75 ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g flaked almond
8 tsp blueberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with 8 muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then stir through 100g of the almonds.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla extract until combined then add this to the dry ingredients.
4. Gently mix the ingredients together until they form a batter which is only just combined (don’t worry too much if there are any lumps).
5. Spoon approximately 1 and a half tablespoons of batter into each case, followed by a teaspoon of jam then fill the muffin cases with a further tablespoon of batter, ensuring the jam is fully covered. Top each muffin with the remaining flaked almonds.
6. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Enjoy warm, or leave them to cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container. Finish the muffins off with a dusting of icing sugar, if you wish.
I love seeing your take on my recipes, so remember to share a snap of your muffins over on Facebook, twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #titchytonbakes.