These Sweet and Salted Peanut Butter Popcorn Squares are the perfect treat to enjoy on a Sunday afternoon, snuggled up on the sofa in your pyjamas while you watch a film Marathon. Be careful though, they are super moorish!
Gluten Free Sweet and Salted Peanut Butter Popcorn Squares
For the popcorn squares:
100g gluten free salted and sweet popcorn
180g white mini marshmallows
3 tbsp chunky peanut butter
50g milk and dark chocolate
1) Grease and line a square cake tin with baking paper.
2) Place a large heavy bottomed pan over a low to medium heat, then add the butter and marshmallows and heat them until they have completely melted.
3) Fold the peanut butter through the marshmallow mixture, then add the popcorn and stir until fully coated.
4) Working quickly, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth it out using a greased palate knife until it starts to reach corners of the tin.
5) Place a large square of grease proof paper over the top of the mixture, then use your hands to press the mixture right down into the tin.
6) Peel off the greaseproof paper and leave the mixture to set for a few hours.
7) Once the mixture has set, turn it out of the tin and cut it into bite size squares.
8) Next, melt the chocolate in heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Transfer the chocolate into a piping bag and pipe a zig-zag pattern over each popcorn squares.
Store the popcorn squares in an airtight container and they should last for up to a week.