It’s a well known fact that I love Peanut Butter and that I would put it in everything and anything, if I could!
In my opinion, granola is made infinitely better with the presence of peanut butter which not only delicious, but dairy free too. To make this granola recipe completely dairy free, just miss out the chocolate chips or use chunks of dairy free dark chocolate instead.
The recipe is easily adaptable, so you can change up the ingredients depending on what you fancy and it’s also lovely healthy way to start to the day, as the oats will give you that energy boost to get through until lunch time!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola – GF/DF/EF
250g gluten free oats
3 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter (preferably one containing only natural sugars)
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
50g Dark Chocolate Chips (or dairy free alternative)
A handful of chopped unsalted peanuts
1) Preheat Oven to 180 C/160 C fan/gas mark 4.
2) In a large heavy bottomed pan mix the peanut butter, oil and maple syrup over a low heat, then add the oats and stir until combined.
3) Spread the oats into a thin layer across a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, then scatter across the chopped peanuts.
4) Bake the mixture for 5 minutes, give the oats a a quick stir with a wooden spoon, then return them to the oven and to bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Once the Granola has cooled completely, stir through the chocolate chips (optional).
If you want to keep up to date with my kitchen adventures you can find me on Instagram @titchyton or on my Facebook page.