It’s a well known fact that I love Peanut Butter and that I would put it in everything and anything, if I could!
In my opinion, granola is made infinitely better with the presence of peanut butter which not only delicious, but dairy free too. To make this granola recipe completely dairy free, just miss out the chocolate chips or use chunks of dairy free dark chocolate instead.
The recipe is easily adaptable, so you can change up the ingredients depending on what you fancy and it’s also lovely healthy way to start to the day, as the oats will give you that energy boost to get through until lunch time!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola
250g gluten free oats
3 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter (preferably one containing only natural sugars)
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
50g Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
A handful of chopped unsalted peanuts
1) Preheat Oven to 180 degrees C/Gas Mark 4.
2) In a large heavy bottomed pan mix the peanut butter, oil and maple syrup over a low heat, then add the oats and stir until combined.
3) Spread the oats into a thin layer across a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, then scatter across the chopped peanuts.
4) Bake the mixture for 5 minutes, give the oats a a quick stir with a wooden spoon, then return them to the oven and to bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Once the Granola has cooled completely, stir through the chocolate chips (optional).
I would also like to mention a very exciting project which the good folks over at Delicious Alchemy are getting up to.
To celebrate their 10th birthday, Delicious Alchemy are setting up a charity called ‘The Delicious Alchemy Charitable Foundation’ which will aid people on a restricted diet, particularly those who are going hungry, by donating gluten free food to food banks such as those supported by the Trussell Trust in the UK.
For their first fundraising project they are planning to produce a recipe book – all proceeds will go The Delicious Alchemy Charitable Foundation – but they need funding to help make this a reality!
Crowdfunding for the project starts on the 18th of April, but in the meantime you can help spread the word signing up to the Thunderclap, a platform that sends a one time message out about the project on the 18th of April via your chosen social network.
To sweeten the deal, everyone who signs up to the Thunderclap will be entered into a prize draw to win one of 10 Delicious Alchemy goodie boxes.
You can sign up to the Thunderclap here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/37982-delicious-alchemy-crowdfund?locale=en
I’m proud to support such a great cause and I hope you will get involved too!
Find out more about The Delicious Alchemy Charitable Foundation here: http://www.deliciousalchemy.co.uk/2016/03/the-delicious-alchemy-charitable-foundation/